- Family Law
- Landlord/Tenant Issues
- Real Estate
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- J.D. - 1981
- Indiana University School of Business, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.A. - 1977
- Honors: Phi Eta Sigma (Honor Society), Member
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member, 1981
- Porter County Bar Association, Member
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Association of Justice, Member
- College of Matrimonial Law, Member
- Indiana Apartment Association, Member
- Valparaiso City Utilities, Counsel
- National Bar Association on Landlord | Tenant law, Presenter
- Valparaiso YMCA, Board of Trustees and Endowment Committee
- Youth Service Bureau, Board of Trustee
Michael A. Langer is a Partner in the Valparaiso, Indiana office and is now in his 32nd year of practice. Mr. Langer’s practice areas include Family Law and Landlord | Tenant and Real Estate law.
Mr. Langer was admitted to the Indiana Bar in 1981 and also was admitted to practice before U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana and the U.S. Tax Court.
Michael earned his B.A. from Indiana University School of Business in 1978, and continued on to law school at Valparaiso University School of Law, earning his J.D. in 1981. During his undergraduate school years, he was a member of Phi Eta Sigma (Honor Society).
Memberships include the Porter County Bar Association, Valparaiso Chamber of Commerce, Indiana State Bar Association, Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Association of Trial Lawyers of America, College of Matrimonial Law, Counsel for Valparaiso City Utilities. Past Affiliations included Valparaiso YMCA Board of Trustees and Endowment Committee and Youth Service Bureau Board of Trustees.
Mike’s wife Kim is co-founder of Lakeshore Paws, an organization committed to making a difference in the lives of homeless animals in Porter County.
- Indiana, 1981
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1982
- U.S. Tax Court, 1982
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana
- Crop Financing Valparaiso University Law Library, 1981
- Rated by his Peers in the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell®
- One of the 10 Best Family Law Attorneys for Client Satisfaction, American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2015-2018
Certified Legal Specialties
- Licensed Real Estate Instructor, Indiana Professional Licensing Agency