- Medical Malpractice
- Personal injury
- Wrongful Death
- Valparaiso University School of Law, Valparaiso, Indiana
- J.D. - 1980
- Indiana University
- B.A. - 1977
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, President
- Indiana Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association - Board of Directors, Member, Present
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association - College of Fellows, Former President
Steven L. Langer is a Partner in the Valparaiso office and is now in his 33rd year of practice. Mr. Langer concentrates his practice on Plaintiff’s medical malpractice, personal injury, car and truck crashes, and complex litigation.
Steven Langer is the President of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association ("ITLA"), and a member of the Board of Directors and Executive Committee. Mr. Langer is the former President of the College of Fellows of the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, and received the Consumer Advocate of the Year Award from the ITLA in 2003.
Mr. Langer is a Martindale-Hubbell A.V. Preeminent rated attorney who has been selected as a Super Lawyer from 2008-2014. In 2004 and 2009, Mr. Langer received the Trial Lawyer of the Year award from the Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, and was recently selected as one of the best lawyers in America, published in the 20th Edition of the Best Lawyers in America, and has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers by National Trial Lawyers Association.
Steven L. Langer has written and published numerous articles on medical malpractice and evidence; and frequently speaks on those topics.
Steven has been married for 26 years to his wife Diana. They have two children, a son who is in his second year of law school, and a daughter who is in her senior year at college. Both children intend to practice law, following in the footsteps of their father.
- Indiana, 1980
- Indiana’s Medical Malpractice Act, 2016
- Consumer Advocate of the Year Award, Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Trial Lawyer of the Year Award, Indiana Trial Lawyers Association
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, 2019 - Present
- AV Preeminent® Rating, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Inclusion on the Indiana Super Lawyers® List, since 2008
- Ranked in the Top 50 for Indiana Super Lawyers®
- One of the Best Lawyers in America, since 2014
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers Association